Canadian summers are short – 3 months at best! For our little family, the backyard is an extension of our home.
By late spring we are on our backyard deck where our children are playing and my husband is BBQing. It is only natural for me to create a backyard oasis for myself – to watch my children play while my husband BBQs our dinner! 😉
Gazebo – Costco
Patio Sectional Set – Lowes/Rona
Pillow cushions – The Hudson’s Bay Company
Rug – Lowes
Planter – Walmart
Flowers – Superstore
Our backyard faces West and gets direct sun exposure – in the summer it is extremely hot and unbearable. We decided on purchasing the Sojag Moreno gazebo from Costco. And we just love it! It is of great quality, comes in a variety of sizes, and a bonus – mosquito netting is included!
Additionally, I purchased black-out curtains to put on the West side of the gazebo for extra sun protection. The curtains also come in handy on rainy days, as the panels can zip up and prevent the inside of the gazebo from getting wet – no need to put away the cushions. Curtains can be purchased directly from Sojag by giving them a call.
Reasons why I chose this particular set:
- Sectional sofa – I love sectionals because it gives you the laid-back feeling and allows you to kick back and sprawl out!
- Aluminum Frame – Durable and doesn’t rust.
- Sunbrella Fabric – Withstands extreme weather and can be cleaned easily.
- Neutral Colour – Gives me the versatility to change up the colour theme with accessories.
- The Coffee Table is Height Adjustable – It can easily be adjusted from coffee table height (19.5 inches) to dining height (26 inches).
I chose vibrant colours for my outdoor space – a far cry from my neutral-tone interior space.
I first chose my pillow cushions and worked from there. I really like the yellow, green, white, and blue tones on the cushion. From there I chose a complimentary rug, planter, and flowers for space.
I also added two IKEA Mammut chairs in the lime green for the kids – the perfect dining height for the kiddos!
I think it turned out great, and hope you like it too!